Sunday, May 23, 2010

stuffed chicken breast

A body is like a long-term science experiment.  We can change it for the better, or completely f it up.  So, in an effort to motivate myself to eat better, I started using my calorie tracker again (it's free and gives you a really detailed analysis of your food intake).  Well, among a lot of mistakes I'm making is my lack of protein, which I need to complement my beachbody workout for this summer.


Anyway, all of this led me to try out a some high-protein recipes.  This recipe for cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast was really good and pretty easy. 

I deviated from the recipe a little.  First of all, I used feta cheese instead of pepper Jack because I like it better and that's what I had in the fridge.  Secondly, I didn't roll it, but bunched it up and wrapped the bacon around the edges.  I pressed them a little flat to look like steaks or pork wheels.  I'm not a big garlic fan, so I left that out, but added some butter ontop before baking.  Made it with rice and salad with honey mustard vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment